Go Union! Local 302 advocates for members which supports families, communities, and the economy.
As a Local 302 member you’ll receive:
- Better Wages and Benefits
- Union workers earn more than their non-union counterparts. Local 302 will bargain on your behalf for better salaries, pension, holidays, health insurance, sick pay, overtime, and more. Being a union member gives you a voice and a vote to determine your ultimate contract.
- Personal Protection
- Local 302 has your back. Not only can we tell you your rights, we will defend your rights. We are here to support you when you have contract questions and workplace concerns. We have multiple training facilities across our jurisdiction which offer comprehensive apprenticeship programs and extensive journey-level training to keep up with the latest workplace skills.
- Local 302 champions equal rights and equal pay. We fight against discrimination and foster respect and dignity in the workplace.
- Health and Safety
- Local 302 won't let members compromise themselves for production targets or to save their employer money. We tirelessly advocate for safer working conditions and will follow-up with management on a member's behalf if something's not right.
Local 302 is a journeyman-only hall. If you have 2 years of experience:
- Call our main line to determine the closest hall so you can come fill out paperwork: 1-800-521-8882.
- Pay to be on our out-of-work list as a non-member for 30, 60, or 90 days (you must renew before the deadline of your last day on the list to keep your place past the original day). The cost depends on your location:
- Alaska halls: $20.75 / 30 days
- Washington and Idaho halls: $30.50 / 30 days
- Bring any relevant certification such as a Commercial Drivers License (CDL), and bring your driver's license.
- Once you have an official dispatch through our hall, you have 10 days to come back into the hall and complete your initiation paperwork to begin the process of joining the union.
- Once your initiation fee is paid off, you become a Local 302 member and begin paying your monthly dues.
If you have any questions, please contact our dispatch team for your area. CLICK HERE to contact Dispatch in your jurisdiction.
Don’t have 2 years experience? Contact one of our training centers today to learn more about our apprenticeship programs: