Are you interested in joining IUOE Local 302?
Hoisting & Portable
Local 302 is a journeyman-only hall. If you do not have 2 years of experience, we advise you give one of our Training Centers a call, you can find their contact information under the "How To Join" menu option. If you do have the 2 years of experience, here's the basics of how you can join:
- Stop by the closest local union hall to talk with the Dispatch of that hall, you can find out which hall is closest to you here.
- Pay to be on our out-of-work list as a non-member for 30 days (you can renew before the deadline of your last day on the list to keep your place past the original 30th day), the cost depends on your location:
- Alaska halls: $20.25
- Washington / Idaho halls: $30
If you bring in anything with you such as a CDL, please make sure to bring a copy of your driver's license, we will need to keep a copy of it on file.
- Once you have an official dispatch through our hall, you have 10 days to come back into the hall and complete your initiation paperwork to begin the process of joining the union.
- Once initiation is paid off between you and the local, you become a member and begin paying your monthly dues (all of this will be further explained once you are at this step and in the office with the front office staff).
If you have any further questions, we advise you come into the hall and talk with Dispatch in person to give you the best possible answers.
If you are interested in job openings with employers who are signatory to our Stationary side of the Local, you can stop by our Auburn, WA hall and fill out a registration form there. You can pay $17.75 to be put on our mailing list for all open positions for 30 days. Any time a new job posting is made, an updated email will go out with the new posting. If you apply and are successful of obtaining the job, you will then begin the initiation process of joining the Local.